Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October, already??

I can't believe how fast time flies. It doesn't seem like a month has passed since I posted last, but, here we are, well into October. I know, I know, I am such a slacker.

As many of you may know, I live in Utah, and I am a member of the Utah RWA. If you ask any of the Utah RWA ladies, they'll probably tell you I'm a slacker as far as members go as well (I'm living up to the name here! haha) - I rarely get a chance to attend the meetings since I have to drive about an hour each way, but I do try to keep up with what all those fabulous ladies and gentlemen are doing in their writing careers.

Anyhoo, I've veared off, so I'll get back on track....

This past weekend the Utah RWA held their annual conference in Park City, UT, so I went with a couple of my writer friends. I had a blast getting to know some of my fellow members better, and went guppy-mouthed when Sherrilyn Kenyon sat at my table to eat dinner the first night. I played guppy for I don't even know how long before I finally kicked myself in the pants and joined in the confersation at the table (about BDSM of all things!) and joked around with her. She is such a great person, and so much more down-to-earth than I had imagined. I am awed at how amazing that woman's books are, and how she cranks them out so fast is anyone's guess. It was just nice to be around such brilliance, especially when I hope to be able to accomplish what she does - sometime in the near future. I had wanted to give her a copy of Dark Seduction, since I have a few printed books on hand, but I completely forgot to pack one for the trip!

The conference was great. Every year I learn new things, and it has this incredible way of getting me motivated to write. Not just in the Immortal Guardians series, but also in my other projects as well. Life has certainly gotten a lot busier for me the last few months, so I'm trying to come up with a plan to be able to continue writing (and give my Guardians and other characters the attention they deserve) while also still spend quality (as in, not staring at my laptop screen or tablet, clicking away at the keys as a scene takes over my every thought) time with my family as well. I have a feeling that things will get even more hectic with the holidays coming up, but maybe, just maybe, I can keep working on Book #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment