Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's been a 'poopy diaper falls off the baby' kind of day

I feel like I've been a slacker the last couple of months. I'm guessing that getting laid off is to blame, but who knows if it's that or just a "writer's block" situation here. It's bugging the crap out of the me that I haven't been writing as much as usual (which means, well... my writing is practically non-existent), so I woke up super early this morning so that I could work on book number five in my Primordial Guardians series. And I totally would have attempted to get something written, but my sweet little baby decided that he'd wake up twenty minutes after me and want to hang out.

I probably should have known how the day might go right then and there...

I brought him downstairs, to the room where my computer was ready-and-waiting for me to put some fingers to the keys, and changed his diaper. Normally he's all squirmy, so I should have known something was up when he stopped moving and went all silent.

Pee. Everywhere.

Yep, I slid the new diaper under his little bum and got my hand soaked. It also got the new diaper, his jammies, and the carpet underneath.

What happened not twenty minutes later? Well, I picked him up because I smelled that tell-tale sign that he went number two. I must not have attached the dang diaper tight enough because it fell off of him as I lifted him up, and that poopy thing fell right off, glanced off my leg and landed on the floor.

Fun fun...

Haha. I need to make this a better day STAT. And because I'm having zero luck writing, I figured that I might as well plan out a contest I want to start within the next few days. I have an idea of what I want readers to do to win a prize, but I'm trying to figure out what fans would like as prizes.

So, what types of Guardian-esque things would you like to try to win? Any and all answers welcome. :) I'd love to hear what you think!

4 comments:

  1. hmmm... well lets start with the fact that when i read the title of this post i honestly thought it was a metaphor... imagine my surprise... lol!

    and as for the ideas... hmmm... ok, i'll try and be creative then. how about, a hand written short letter from Raine about the power of love? i mean... now that we know that Raine anf Ferox are nothing less than The Lovers, what better love charm than a few words of optimistic encouragements from her - the lover, the friend, the wife, the mother... i'd totally frame that to look upon every day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in, Ricky. That's a great idea for a prize!

      Delete
  2. no problem, i did say i'd pop in :P and hey, if you do decide to choose that as a prize then i am totally determined to win it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted contest details on my blog today, and another contest on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete