Monday, February 7, 2011

Talking' shop

Life has been really crazy lately. Work has been over-the-top busy, and I've hardly had any energy to do anything after work. I've cranked out a couple thousand words here and there, but not nearly what I've wanted to accomplish.

One thing I've found that is a major stress reliever is talkin' shop. Okay, yeah, I don't work at an auto shop or anything, what I mean is talking to other authors about what they're working on. I can't believe how much fun it is to fill others in on what I've been up to, as well as hear what they're working on.

A friend from work is writing a novel that I'm betting with be HUGE. I'm sooo excited for her and can't wait to start reading it!

I've also found that talking about it really motivates me. Even if I don't end up having time or energy to actually write when I get home, at least I'm always thinking about it. I know, as soon as things slow down a little at work and I have time to breath again, that I'll be able to crank out some amazing books.

No comments:

Post a Comment