Sunday, June 19, 2011

Distractions, Distractions

Wow, I have really tried to focus this weekend. Really, I have. But, I keep finding myself distracted. 'Ooh, that new book is really good, I should really keep reading it.' 'Hey, its hot outside, maybe a dip in the pool would be fun.' 'Hey, why don't I try to make a flowering onion, it can't be hard, right?' (which, by the way turned out to taste FANTASTIC, it just looked really ugly.)

So basically what this boils down to is....
I suck!

My boys need attention. Sure, I wrote over 1,000 words last week in their 2nd book, but in the grand scheme of things, thats really not a lot. And its not enough. In addition to my boys needing their time, so do my other series. And, what's frustrating, is that the new book I just bought, well, let's just say that there are some similitarities to one of my teen series that has upset me. Sure, the storyline is different, but some of the scenes I've already planned out are all too close to some scenes in the book I just read. GRRR.
Oh well. I'll just have to make sure that I make it my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment