Wednesday, July 31, 2013

That bloody Highlander

I got to spend some relaxing time with some family this last weekend, enjoying the refreshingly cool air in the mountains, surrounded by deer, bears, and mountain lions (before you ask, no, I didn't see the latter, but that doesn't mean they're not there). Oh, and let's not forget the crap-ton of sheep that were BAAAAA'ing 24-7 and their sheep dog that liked his voice a bit too much.

While we were camping, I not only got in some fun family time (4-wheeling, playing games, helping my little guy play with his brand new toys he got for his first birthday, and cuddling in front of the fire while it rained and hailed - in July - true story), but I was also able to write and edit. The Highlander won the battle against a particular Guardian for my attention, so he's very happy (and a wee bit smug about beating an immortal) about the fact that I'm working on his story.

Any time I take a break from writing a story, it takes me a little while to catch up again, so I've been going through the book one section at a time and sortof editing as I go. And I am so glad I'm working on this story. It's about time I give some attention to characters that aren't in the Primordial Guardians realm; and about time I focus on the not-so-supernatural side of imagination. Uh, okay, okay... there is a little bit of paranormal to the story, but not in the characters themselves.

It feels nice to really get back into writing again, and I hope that I'll be able to keep it up. So far, my goals for this year have been shot, so I've got to scramble to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment