Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pluggin' Along

Sometimes I feel like I'm going so slow, other times, I'm happy with the progress I'm making on my Highlander novel. I set a goal for myself a while ago that I wanted to have the book published by October, and I've done my best to keep on track with that goal. I'm getting ready to finish my first-round edit, and then I need to find a critique partner or two that can give it a once over with a fine-tooth comb and tell me what needs work. I'm far from perfect, and my mind auto-corrects spelling errors. I know what I want to say, sometimes it just doesn't get down on paper that way.

That's one thing that is hard for a writer. Yes, I have awesome friends, and some of them are also authors, but I feel bad asking for help.

So, to keep my goal, I need to:

  • Finish my first-round edit
  • Get some awesomely awesome people to read through it and tell me where I effed up
  • Revisions, revisions, revisions
  • Get the cover (no need to worry, I've known what I want for a loooooooong time)
  • Get it formatted
  • And publish!
Wish me luck. With that long of a list, I'm gonna need it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment